Caring for patients/residents with dementia, disorientation or other high risk ailments means extra effort for the nursing staff. Often, a 24-hour monitored solution is what is required to provide optimal medical care and attention to these patients.
The CareMat® provided by Micromax Health is a pressure-sensitive detection mat, which is connected to the in-house nurse call system. As soon as a person steps onto the mat, for example when getting off a chair/bed or even leaving a room, a signal is triggered via the nurse call system. This allows the medical staff to promptly come to the patients’ aid.
The CareMat® is a simple solution that provides ideal support to the healthcare industry by considerably reducing the risk of falls and the dangers from patients with disorientation.
- Prevention of patient falls due to prompt alerts and assistance
- Reduces nightly rounds as you can rely on the alarm system
- Lowers subsequent healthcare cost due to a fall or injury
Advantages for patients/residents
- Feeling of safety
- Total freedom of movement without being personally attached to anything
- Simply plugs into existing nurse-call systems
- Can be used in conjunction with the patient call button